Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My DH always told me he hated brussels sprouts until he tasted these (must be the bacon and onions! :) ). From a December 1987 Bon Appetit magazine featuring a menu and recipes for a Fantasy Yuletide in Old Vienna.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed, X cut in base of each
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add brussels sprouts and boil until almost tender, about 7 minutes; drain.
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove using slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- Add onion to skillet and saute over medium heat until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in caraway seeds; add bacon and brussels sprouts and stir until warmed through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This turned out great, even though I always have to leave out onion! Caraway seeds aren't too good for my IBS, so I didn't add them either, but it was really great! Thx for submitting!