Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I thought this sounded great for my family as my dh loves brussels sprouts and my sons like carrots--this way everyone is happy! Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 2006)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 3⁄4 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add carrots and brussels sprouts, boil for 6-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. (If desired you can boil vegetables ahead of time and refrigerate).
- In a skillet over medium heat melt butter and then stir in chives, lemon peel and mustard.
- Stir in vegetables, tossing until coated and heated through (5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Great colorful mixture of vegetables. I liked the fact that the vegetables could be cooked ahead of time for just a few minutes of reheating before serving. I used frozen baby Brussels sprouts that I did not need to cut in half because they were already quite small. The sauce worked well with the vegetables.
Wonderful and different way to serve brussel sprouts! We loved it! The mix of lemon peel and Dijon mustard was sooo good!! Thanks ellie!!!