Recipe by ellie_
I thought this sounded great for my family as my dh loves brussels sprouts and my sons like carrots--this way everyone is happy! Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 2006)
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Great colorful mixture of vegetables. I liked the fact that the vegetables could be cooked ahead of time for just a few minutes of reheating before serving. I used frozen baby Brussels sprouts that I did not need to cut in half because they were already quite small. The sauce worked well with the vegetables.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 3⁄4 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add carrots and brussels sprouts, boil for 6-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. (If desired you can boil vegetables ahead of time and refrigerate).
- In a skillet over medium heat melt butter and then stir in chives, lemon peel and mustard.
- Stir in vegetables, tossing until coated and heated through (5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.