Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the newest Chatelaine holiday recipe magazine. I plan on trying it for Canadian Thanksgiving and reviewing it later.
- Trim outer leaves and any hard stems from sprouts and discard.
- Cut sprouts in half.
- Using a food processor with a slicing disc, push sprouts through feeding tube to thinly slice. Or, using a knife, shred into thin strips. They should measure about 8 cups.
- Chop apricots.
- Melt butter in a large, wide saucepan or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add sprouts and apricots. Drizzle with water, then syrup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir often until sprouts are just wilted and done as you like. Start testing at 5 min., but it may take up to 10 minute to cook them to your liking. Stir in lime juice, then remove from heat.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- 1/2 cup servings.
I have been making this for years! It is the first recipe that got me eating sprouts - not cooked to mush in boiling water. Love it.