Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Keep it simple and delicious! Look for b'sprouts that are bright green with tight leaves (the smaller the heads are, the sweeter they'll be). These mini-cabbages may be held in a plastic bag in the fridge for 3-5 days. If they start to smell like rotten eggs, well, then, they're past their prime! The original recipe came from Everyday With Rachael Ray's October 09 magazine. PREP TIME includes frying the bacon.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cut b'sprouts in half (length-wise) and place on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes in hot oven; stir once or twice while roasting.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until almost crispy; drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Quarter and core the apple, then slice each quarter into four to five slices, then dice into smaller pieces; set aside.
- At serving time, crumble bacon over b'sprouts, then toss in the apples.