Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- Cook sprouts by either steaming or boiling in water, then drain.
- Saute onion in butter till tender.
- Stir in flour, mustard, and tarragon.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add broth and vinegar and cook again till thick and smooth.
- Pour over sprouts and serve.
We love brussel sprouts and eat them often. This was a nice variation for this vegetable. Thanks Yogi, we really enjoyed the dish! I cooked it exactly as written.
My whole family enjoyed these brussel sprouts with the sauce. I used vegetable broth and didn't have tarragon. Thanks yogi!
Sorry not for me. I think it was the vinegar that ruined it. Won't be making again but thanks for posting.