Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 cups Brussels sprouts, halved, thinly sliced, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons pecan pieces, coarsely chopped
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in Brussels sprouts; saute 2 minutes. Add broth and sugar cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates stirring frequently. Stir in salt. Sprinkle with pecans.
Delish!!! Very simple and a great way to change up brussel sprouts. I used a little less chicken broth and substituted a nice white wine (which I also served with dinner). It was amazing, and the nuts do make all the difference.
I have always hated brussel spouts but this dish makes them delicious! My husband was so happy I like them because he's always loved them. The Pecans make all the difference in the world!
It's a KEEPER!!! My kids swear they don't like brussels sprouts, but they request this one!! FABULOUS!!