Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Heather gave me this recipe. She said she never liked "those things!" until her mother had a dinner party and fixed them like this. I like them no matter how they are fixed, but must admit, these are one of my favorite ways of having brussels sprouts.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (mashed)
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 1 dash parmesan cheese (optional)
- Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat until golden, then discard.
- Slice brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Saute brussels sprouts, face down, in garlic flavored oil until golden, and bright green.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
So I used oil and butter and threw in a clove of garlic at the end of the cooking time for a little extra garlicy goodness and it turned out great. Simple and yummy! Garlic and cheese and veggie you just can't go wrong. Thanks for sharing
I actually liked these quite a bit. Other than adding some salt & pepper at the table I followed the recipe exactly. The garlic taste was a nice change for sprouts. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used a lot more then I dash of parmesan. I think next time I would use half butter and half olive oil for more "flavor".