Recipe by dandelionleaf
Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts make a delicate coleslaw texture, enhanced by a classic vinaigrette.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious. I didn't bother removing the cores, since my sprouts were quite small. I am going to try a little minced garlic in the dressing next time. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
- 5 large Brussels sprouts
- 0 walnuts
- 78.07 ml gruyere cheese or 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml sea salt, coarse ground
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice Brussels sprouts across in 2 mm strips, using a food processor or slicer. Discard cores (use for healthy snacks.)
- Chop walnuts into 1 cm chunks.
- Grate cheese (aged Gruyere, not processed smoked Gruyere) (or parmesan).
- Toss cheese with sprouts and nuts.
- Whisk together mustard, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, until blended.
- Pour over salad, toss lightly, and serve.