Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts make a delicate coleslaw texture, enhanced by a classic vinaigrette.
Make and share this Brussels Sprout Salad With Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Slice Brussels sprouts across in 2 mm strips, using a food processor or slicer. Discard cores (use for healthy snacks.)
- Chop walnuts into 1 cm chunks.
- Grate cheese (aged Gruyere, not processed smoked Gruyere) (or parmesan).
- Toss cheese with sprouts and nuts.
- Whisk together mustard, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, until blended.
- Pour over salad, toss lightly, and serve.
Delicious. I didn't bother removing the cores, since my sprouts were quite small. I am going to try a little minced garlic in the dressing next time. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
This is keeper! I didn't remove the cores but instead of slicing them just once, I sliced them twice - kind of like julienning. The mix of flavours is perfect just the way it is.
Cutting out the cores was a bit more than I wanted to bother with (ok, it's true. I'm just lazy). After slicing the sprouts with the food pro I put them in the microwave 1 min 20 sec's which was enough the soften the cores some without really cooking the sprouts. Don't think that I'd use the mustard in the future and I'd use 2Tbsp of walnut oil with 1 Tbsp x-virgin olive oil. This was a nice change up in salads.