Recipe by Coppercloud
Slice the sprouts as thin as possible. Shred the Gouda on large holes of box grater.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and sliced very thin
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Whisk lemon juice, mustard, shallot, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt together in large bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until incorporated. Toss Brussels sprouts with vinaigrette, and let sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 2. Fold in Gouda, pecans, and cherries. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- HOW TO SLICE BRUSSELS SPROUTS.
- You can use the slicing disk of your food processor or slice the sprouts with a chef’s knife. Follow these steps to do the latter safely and quickly. 1. TRIM: Trim the stem end of each sprout and then cut each sprout in half through the cut end. 2. SLICE: With the flat surface on the cutting board, thinly slice each half.