This is a great side dish--goes well with many things.
Make and share this Brussels and Shrooms Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup thickly sliced onion
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms, halved (cut larger ones into quarters)
- 10 ounces frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, over med-high heat, melt butter. Sauté onion in the butter for about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté for about 5 more minutes.
- Add thawed Brussels sprouts, salt, garlic powder, pepper and parsley to skillet and continue to cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with shredded parmesan, if desired; toss.
Very good! I used a little bit of shallots instead of onions, because I was using them in another dish. Served with steak and shrimp scampi for Valentine's Day. Great veggie dish, thank-you!
I really enjoyed these veggies with my dinner yesterday. There is a nice blend of flavors that will make this a nice dish to have with a variety of meals. I didn't add the parmesan cheese, and sprinkled with a little vinegar before serving. I plan to make this again soon, as I love my brussel sprouts and mushrooms. Great combo. Thanks for sharing Parsley! Made for Zaar Star Tag Game Linda
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written except that I didn't add the optional parm. cheese. Hubby and I enjoyed these. Made for Spring PAC 2011.