Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Zaar World Tour 8: France
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 lb carrot, baby snack size
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Boil brussel sprouts and baby carrots together.
- Cook 10 minutes until veggies are as tender as you like.
- Melt butter in skillet; add shallots; brown; add cumin and pepper.
- Drain veggies and add to saute pan; cook until a little browned.
- Sprinkle on parsley and lemon juice.
Wonderful side dish!! I added a little more cumin since we love the taste and used my fresh Meyer lemon juice. Made for Zaar's 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2012.
The only difference I made was to steam the brussel sprouts and carrots. The taste is wonderful. I used just a dash of cumin cause it's not my favorite spice. It was great with these veggies. Thanks Dienia :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
Who knew that Brussels and carrots were so nice together! I used very fresh organic regular carrots (I don't care for the "baby" carrots) and fresh Brussels. By the end of all cooking time both were tender/firm. I loves the shallot addition too. Thanks Dee for a lovely new side.