carrie sheridan's Note:
from The Little Red House...a great unusual combination of flavors and nutrition and textures...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1While you are slicing your brussels, cook the bacon until crispy in a large skillet. Remove from pan.
- 2Add a little olive oil to the pan (depending on how much bacon drippings were left over), and add your shredded brussels, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- 3Cook for just a few minutes on medium heat, until brussels start to get tender.
- 4Mix in lime juice and crumble bacon into the sprouts. s&p to taste.
- 5Scoot your sprouts over to the side of the pan, and add avocado slices--just to quickly warm each side. You don't really want to stir them around into the sprouts or they will mash right in.
- 6When they are heated through, mix everything together and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brussel Sprouts With Bacon, Lime, Avocado, Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 61.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g