Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From The Sprouted Kitchen by Sara Forte
Make and share this Brussel Leaf and Baby Spinach Sauté recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 generous pinches sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup marcona almonds
- Working with one brussels sprout at a time, peel each individual leaf, starting from the outside and working toward the middle. Continue to peel until you get to the tough core where it is just too tight to pull any more leaves. Discard the core and put the leaves in a big bowl. Repeat with the remaining brussels sprouts.
- Over medium heat, warm the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add all of the brussels leaves and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add the vinegar and maple syrup and toss to coat. Add the spinach to the pan and toss until it is just barely wilted. It is better just slightly underdone in this case, as it will continue to cook in its own heat.
- Sprinkle with the salt and Marcona almonds and serve immediately.