Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light August 2004 issue. Cooking time does not include stand time of 1 hour.
- 2 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes or 2 1⁄2 cups red pear tomatoes or 2 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- cooking spray
- 4 slices ciabatta or 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Combine the first 8 ingredients and let stand 1 hour.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tomato mixture, and cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bread; cook 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Rub 1 side of each toast piece with the cut sides of garlic clove halves.
- Serve tomato mixture over toast.