- 8 slices tuscan bread, grilled
- 1 (3 ounce) can tuna (Italian tuna packed in olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon capers packed in salt, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix the tuna and capers until a paste forms.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream, until you end up with a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, keeping in mind the mixture is probably well-salted by the capers.
- Spread the tuna butter over the grilled Tuscan bread, and serve.