Recipe by Audrey M
Another great Weight Watcher recipe from my mother-in-law.
Top Review by Shels
I made this as part of dinner for DH and myself. I used canned diced tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic and 3/4 tsp dried basil. I also decided to add a tsp of balsamic vinegar. It was delicious! I broiled the bread, then topped with brushetta mix and a smidge of parmesan cheese and broiled again just to melt the cheese. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 lb French bread, cut into 24 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 24 small fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, add ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour for flavors to blend.
- Brush French Bread with butter and toast or place on cookie sheet and broil until crisp.
- Serve tomato mixture on top of toasted bread.
- You may add extra balsamic vinegar for extra zip.