Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious served as an appetizer, with soup, salad, or pasta dishes. Use the best rustic bakery bread you can find. If you love Blue Cheese, I think you'll really enjoy this.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 slices bread, crusty, firm-textured, cut about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced about 1/8-inch thick
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh basil (to garnish) or dried basil (to garnish)
- In a small bowl, mash the cheeses together with a fork, leaving the mixture somewhat chunky.
- Mix in the pecans.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange the bread on a small baking sheet and broil the slices for about a minute on each side, just until golden.
- Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Rub one side of each piece of bread with garlic.
- Spread some of the cheese mixture over each slice and arrange 2 or 3 overlapping tomato slices on top.
- Pepper the tomatoes lightly, then garnish with basil and serve.
The blue cheese is absolutely the star! I love the combo of cheeses and the crunch of the pecans topped with juicy ripe tomatoes. Yum.
Brenda . . . this is a great recipe! We got home late last night, tired and hungry and this was the perfect quick fix! Took DH by surprise, he was expecting grilled cheese with his soup. Thanks for sharing. Diana
A most delicious bruschetta! In it are combined subtle garlicky taste and delicate pecan flavor with two unique cheeses and fresh summer tomatoes. I made the bruschetta using rustic homemade sourdough French bread and really enjoyed this simple and great-tasting recipe ~ Thanks for sharing it!