Recipe by Brenda.
Delicious served as an appetizer, with soup, salad, or pasta dishes. Use the best rustic bakery bread you can find. If you love Blue Cheese, I think you'll really enjoy this.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 slices bread, crusty, firm-textured, cut about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced about 1/8-inch thick
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh basil (to garnish) or dried basil (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mash the cheeses together with a fork, leaving the mixture somewhat chunky.
- Mix in the pecans.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange the bread on a small baking sheet and broil the slices for about a minute on each side, just until golden.
- Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Rub one side of each piece of bread with garlic.
- Spread some of the cheese mixture over each slice and arrange 2 or 3 overlapping tomato slices on top.
- Pepper the tomatoes lightly, then garnish with basil and serve.