1/5 Photos of Bruschetta With Tomatoes, Blue Cheese, and Pecans
Delicious served as an appetizer, with soup, salad, or pasta dishes. Use the best rustic bakery bread you can find. If you love Blue Cheese, I think you'll really enjoy this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 slices bread, crusty, firm-textured, cut about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 large tomato, sliced about 1/8-inch thick
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh basil (to garnish) or dried basil (to garnish)
- 1In a small bowl, mash the cheeses together with a fork, leaving the mixture somewhat chunky.
- 2Mix in the pecans.
- 3Preheat the broiler.
- 4Arrange the bread on a small baking sheet and broil the slices for about a minute on each side, just until golden.
- 5Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- 6Rub one side of each piece of bread with garlic.
- 7Spread some of the cheese mixture over each slice and arrange 2 or 3 overlapping tomato slices on top.
- 8Pepper the tomatoes lightly, then garnish with basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta With Tomatoes, Blue Cheese, and Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.8
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 868.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 15.8 g