Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a quick but FANTASTIC lunch. Now that I know how easy it is to make Bruschetta, I'm going to make this regularly. I buttered some pumpernickel and cooked it in fresh garlic. A little mozzarella with your tomatoes, and oila! Recipe courtesy of Joy of Cooking.
- 8 slices bread (thick and crusty)
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, slivered
- black pepper
- Grill or broil bread until until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat and rub both sides with large garlic cloves, halved.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Place tomato mixture on top of bread.