1/1 Photo of Bruschetta With Sweet Peppers and Fresh Mozzarella
This makes a great appetizer, snack or light lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch wide strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cored, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch wide strips)
- 1 orange bell pepper (cored, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch wide strips)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- balsamic vinegar (1 generous splash or to taste)
- 1 loaf rustic Italian bread, cut crosswise into 1-inch thick pieces (Ends removed, choose a bread that measures around 12x5-inches)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, sliced
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- 2Add the pepper strips and sauté until lightly browned at the edges and beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium low, stir in the minced garlic, cover and continue cooking until soft, about 8 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat and stir in the vinegar.
- 4Grill the bread over a medium heat, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Place the toast slices on a large platter, rub the peeled garlic over the tops, and brush with the remaining olive oil.
- 6Place a few slices of mozzarella cheese on each toast. Cover with a portion of the sautéed peppers, the top with a sprinkling of basil.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta With Sweet Peppers and Fresh Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 398.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g