Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Show: Barefoot Contessa
Make and share this Bruschetta With Sauteed Sweet Peppers and Creamy Gorgonzola recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces creamy gorgonzola or 3 ounces other blue cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and cook until soft, about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the sugar and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Stir in the capers and basil, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the baguette crosswise into 18 thin round slices. Brush the bread rounds lightly with olive oil on 1 side. Arrange them in rows, oil side up, on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Top each toast round with a teaspoonful of the pepper mixture. Place 2 small pieces of Gorgonzola on top. Return the toast to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes and warm through. Serve immediately.
Another great appetizer from Barefoot. The creamy gorgonzola partnered beautifully with the peppers, capers and basil. I definitely suggest using fresh basil, over dried basil. It was a beautiful finishing touch. Chef, thank you for sharing.
Excellant w/ cocktails! Will definitely do again - bookclub loved it! Make the bread ahead of time, to save time. Even non-blue cheese lovers loved it.
This was excellent! The sweetness from the peppers and the saltiness and creaminess of the gorgonzola cheese made for a tasty little appetizer!