Recipe by evelyn/athens
Made these to snack on with wine last night and they were gone in what seemed like seconds!
Top Review by zaar junkie
This turned out really well, my boyfriend and I ate the entire baguette for dinner! I will be making this again, but will cut down the oil by almost half - the bruschetta was dripping in olive oil using the 1/4 cup and had to let it rest on paper towels to get rid of some of the extra grease.
- 1 French baguette, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced very thin
- 4 -6 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 big basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (or blanched almonds)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup oil (about)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the olive oil and the garlic in small bowl and let sit for at least 1/2 an hour; preheat the broiler; spread the bread slices on a baking sheet and then brush both sides with the olive oil; broil until golden on both sides (this will only take a couple of minutes).
- Place the tomatoes in a cup and cover with boiling water; after about 5 minutes, remove, pat dry and cut into long thin strips.
- Spread cooled brushetta with pesto of your choosing, a slice of mozzarella and a strip of sun-dried tomato.
- To make red pesto: Place all ingredients except oil in food processor; process adding oil gradually until it forms a paste.
- To make basil pesto: Place all ingredients except oil in food processor; process adding oil gradually until it forms a paste.