1/2 Photos of Bruschetta With Oven Roasted Beets and Goat Cheese
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 35 mins
I enjoyed this beet treat at my son's. Come taste it. This adaptation comes from Weber's Charcoal Grilling. If you use red beets, red wine vinegar vinegar is fine. The original recipe specifies golden beets but I cannot buy golden beets in northern Wisconsin so used red. The beet mixture and goat cheese mixture could be made ahead and then refrigerated. And if you cannot buy fresh beets, you could work with canned it seems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium beets, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 slices Italian bread, each about 1/3 inch thick
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Rub dirt off beets with paper towel, and put beets in tightly sealed casserole, and bake for 60 to 90 minutes until tender.
- 3Cool beets, peel them, cut off stem and roots, and cut into small cubes (about 1/4 inch).
- 4Put beets into medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, green onion, vinegar, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
- 5In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese and water.
- 6Preheat broiler.
- 7Put bread onto a cookie sheet, lightly brush more olive oil onto fronts and backs of bread, and toast both sides under your broiler.
- 8Cut open your garlic clove and smear some garlic onto one side of bread.
- 9Spread goat cheese onto the garlic side, top with beet mixture, and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta With Oven Roasted Beets and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 318.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar