Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw a few recipes but none were just like this one. We prepared these for a luncheon that is being catered...I had the honor of taking a bit part. This was courtesy of Giada de Laurentis.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange the sliced baguette bread on a baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Bake bread until pale golden and crsip, about 10 minutes.
- Rub garlic clove over all the toasts.
- Arrange the cheese on toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the toasts with honey.
- Place on serving platter and serve immediately.
Just had this in Rada in Chianti in Italy as part of an appetizer served with cured meats including chinghiale (wild boar) sausage. One of the best meals of our trip.
This is one of our very favorite little treats. I always keep little baguette slices ready in the freezer so its super quick to put these together. If you really want to live it up try putting a couple of drops of good white truffle oil on top. OMIGOD...the best!