Recipe by Sydney Mike
This Italian dish can be prepared in advance & makes for a great appetizer! Preparation time does not include time needed for tapenade to marinate!
Top Review by duonyte
I did not have the right kind of bread handy, but really wanted to make this. So I made up the tapenade, using kalamata olives and using some ground green peppercorns, as I did not have the brined ones. I made some pasta, threw in some goat cheese and the tapenade, and then some basil leaves. Really nice. I did not put the basil into the tapenade, I will add it just before serving. Oh, my sun-dried tomatoes are not in oil, and I think they worked just fine.
FOR THE TAPENADE
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives, pitted, finely chopped
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn, in juice, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
FOR THE BASES
- 12 slices ciabatta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, for brushing
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄2 cup soft fresh goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE TAPENADE ~ Mix first 7 tapenade ingredients together, then check seasoning. It shouldn't need too much. Allow to marinate overnight, if possible.
- FOR THE BASES ~ broil both sides of bread until lightly brown.
- Brush one side with oil & then rub with a cut clove of garlic. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Spread bread slices with cheese, roughing it up with a fork, then spoon tapenade on top, & serve.