Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Aromatic and healthy starter, has always got compliments when I've made it!
- 1 French baguette (the staler the better)
- goat cheese
- red pepper (optional)
- olive oil
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the french stick into slices widthways (about as wide as 2 fingers).
- If you are using peppers, cut them into pieces the size of the slices of bread, grill them until the skins are burnt.
- Once the skins are burnt, let the peppers cool and remove the skins.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and mix with a drizzle of olive oil, shredded basil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste Brush the slices of french stick with olive oil and grill briefly until golden Once grilled, remove the bread from the grill and top with the tomato/garlic/basil mixture.
- Add peppers if using.
- Dollop small pieces of goats cheese on top and again grill briefly.