1/2 Photos of Bruschetta With Avocado and Chilli Pepper Topping
These snacks remain popular and do not present many problems for the cook. Here's a change from the tomatoey ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- 2Slice baguette on the diagonal (you'll get more slices than you need, but bake them all and save the rest in an airtight container for later use).
- 3Brush with olive oil or butter, and bake in single layer until golden and quite crisp.
- 4Meanwhile, peel and cut avocado's in small cubes in a bowl, add the onion, lime juice, chopped hot pepper (remove seeds!), basil and olive oil.
- 5Season with salt, and toss lightly.
- 6Remove 9 crisp golden bread slices to a serving platter, and place a spoonful of the avo relish on each.
- 7NOTE: Be careful with the chilli pepper or paste: you don't want it too hot. Use less if pepper is very hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta With Avocado and Chilli Pepper Topping
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.0
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 121.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g