Recipe by Zurie
These snacks remain popular and do not present many problems for the cook. Here's a change from the tomatoey ones.
Top Review by mama smurf
Another winner!!! I made this for Spring PAC 2014 and served it along with your recipe#173398#173398 and a green salad and DH was in heaven. Definately recipes I will make again. Thank you for posting.
- 1 French baguette
- olive oil or butter
- 2 avocados, ripe but firm
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 hot pepper, chopped (or use 1 teaspoon paste)
- 2 ounces basil, finely chopped (60g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- Slice baguette on the diagonal (you'll get more slices than you need, but bake them all and save the rest in an airtight container for later use).
- Brush with olive oil or butter, and bake in single layer until golden and quite crisp.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut avocado's in small cubes in a bowl, add the onion, lime juice, chopped hot pepper (remove seeds!), basil and olive oil.
- Season with salt, and toss lightly.
- Remove 9 crisp golden bread slices to a serving platter, and place a spoonful of the avo relish on each.
- NOTE: Be careful with the chilli pepper or paste: you don't want it too hot. Use less if pepper is very hot.