Recipe by crazy crafter
My friend introduced me to Bruschetta several years ago, but hers had a twist. Her version had tuna, or shrimp on top covered with the cheese and is a delicious meal all on it's own. Try your own topping- I did it with chicken and it turned out pretty good.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with onions
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mixed Italian herbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (roasted)
- 3 English muffins (split)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- first, brown chicken tenderloin & then shred into small bits.
- add salt and pepper.
- next, stir stewed tomatoes with onions into the pan with the chicken, and add in your herbs-seasoning and let simmer.
- as your chicken topping/mix simmers rub olive oil onto the english muffin halves and put into the oven (toaster oven if you have one works best and set to top and bottom bake mode for 5-7 minutes or until light golden brown) sprinkle on some of the roasted garlic to taste and bake an addition minute or two.
- take the chicken (meat) mixture from the stove and arrange onto the tops of the english muffins and top with the cheese of your choice. Reset oven to top bake mode only and Let melt to a light golden brown and take out while hot and enjoy!