Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a healthy, delicious and simple way to enjoy cod fish. Each forkful consists of a light, tender pillow of cod topped with flavor-packed tomato brushchetta that is sure to please the taste buds. We love it and hope you do too! (Note: Cod is a very moist fish. Please be aware that during the cooking process, it will release a lot of milky-white moisture in the bottom of the pan. Do not be alarmed, as this is only natural.)
- 793.78 g can tomatoes, petite diced, drained
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92-7.39 ml capers, minced (non-pareil, or kalamata olives per your preference)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml basil, dried
- 14.79 ml oil, basting
- 4 cod fish fillets (I used Pacific cod)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl for the bruschetta topping, stir together tomatoes, onion, garlic, capers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and basil.
- Rub both sides of cod fillets with basting oil. Onto a baking sheet (with raised sides), lay out fillets in a single layer. Top generously with bruschetta mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.