- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix diced tomatoes, chopped basil, and cheeses in a bowl with olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts, one at a time, into a zip-top bag. Pound with a tenderizing mallet or a rolling pin until uniformly about 1/4" thick.
- Distribute tomato mix evenly on top of the chicken breasts. Roll each breast up, starting from one of the narrow ends. Moisten with water and roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Optional: about 5 minutes before cooking time is up, top each breast with a little of the reserved tomato mix. Continue baking until cheese is melted.