1 hr 5 mins
Well-Aged Cooky's Note:
Delicious. One batch will not be enough. To have more for later, make several batches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped, peeled, seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped and packed in
- 1Combine everything except the basil in a large, heavy bottomed pan.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Stir in Basil, and turn off heat.
- 5Pour into hot, sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2" head space.
- 6Can for 35 minutes.
- 7Remove and cool.
- 8Makes an excellent bruschetta sauce, or can be used for pizza or pasta.
- 9If your tomatoes are very juicy, squeeze them out a little so that your sauce is not too watery.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 855.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g