Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious. One batch will not be enough. To have more for later, make several batches.
Make and share this Bruschetta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped, peeled, seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped and packed in
- Combine everything except the basil in a large, heavy bottomed pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Basil, and turn off heat.
- Pour into hot, sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2" head space.
- Can for 35 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Makes an excellent bruschetta sauce, or can be used for pizza or pasta.
- If your tomatoes are very juicy, squeeze them out a little so that your sauce is not too watery.