1/1 Photo of Bruschetta Pizza
C & D's Mommy's Note:
I was trying for something different with pizza and this is what I came up with....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ready made thin pizza crust
- 1/2-3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 10 mini bocconcini, each cut in half
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 -3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey bacon or 1/2 cup chicken bacon
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon rubbed basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried chives
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spread the pizza sauce on the pizza. It seems like it's not a lot of sauce, but the juice from the tomatoes adds to the sauce later.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the chopped tomatoes with the basil, chives, onion, pepper and olive oil. (When I first made this, I actually used 7 cherry tomatoes and one small-medium sized yellow tomato, keep all the juice and seeds from when you cut it).
- 4Arrange the mushrooms on the pizza, followed by the halved bocconcini cheese, then the bacon, and the tomato mixture. Top it off with the crumbled feta, then the swiss then the mozzarella cheeses.
- 5Bake for about 10 mins until just melted, then switch the oven to broil until the cheese is beginning to brown. Shut the oven off and leave the pizza to sit for about 2 more minutes in the oven before you remove it. Slice it up and enjoy!
- 6My husband wants it with green or hot peppers next time, but I don't like them myself.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1012.8
- Calories from Fat 682
- Total Fat 75.8 g
- Saturated Fat 38.7 g
- Cholesterol 217.1 mg
- Sodium 1686.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 63.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
thin pizza crust
reduced-fat feta cheese