Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I just got this recipe from my sister in Michigan...she just raved about it and how awesome it tastes. I haven't yet tried it but it sounds very good so I thought I would share with you all. I will post my rating just as soon as I make it myself.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- Start your water to boil for pasta and make as directed on package.
- In the mean time, in large bowl add diced and cored very ripe tomatoes, chopped or torn fresh basil, torn fresh mozzarella into small chunks (the freshest you can find, Sis tried it once with shredded mozzarella in a bag and didn't like it near as well.).
- EVOO, hot red pepper flakes and salt and pepper for taste.
- Toss tomato mixture well and sit aside until pasta is done.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well and put back in pot, then add tomato mixture and again toss well.
- This can be placed back on stove to warm if you like but can be served right away.
I made this for when my sister and brother-in-law came over for dinner and they loved it! I think it is one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had. I added 3 cloves of chopped garlic and 1 tbalespoon of balsamic vinegar too!