Recipe by An_Net
Take the tomato, basil and garlic topping usually used for bruschetta, and add it to pasta instead as a healthy, no-cook sauce that's ready in minutes!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I may not know a lot about bruschetta, but I do know that this pasta dish has great taste! Did add another clove of garlic, but otherwise followed your recipe & was very happy with the results! Thanks for posting! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 400 g linguine
- 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup roughly torn fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the linguine a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Drain the pasta, then add to the other ingredients and toss to combine.