Recipe by Nana Lee
These are so goooodddd and easy. No need for sweating over a hot stove to have such a deliscious meal! This is also from kraftfoods.com.
Top Review by Irish350
This is a wonderful recipe... It is one I got from the Kraft website. I bet I have made it 15 times. It gets rave reviews from company. We like it better the nexr day all the flavors really meld together.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb.)
- 1⁄3 cup Kraft roasted red pepper italian parmesan dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F
- Combine tomatoes with their liquid, 1/2 cup of the cheese, basil and dry stuffing mix; stir just until moistened.
- PLACE 2 chicken breast halves in large freezer weight resealable plastic bag.
- Pound chicken with the side of a heavy can, rolling pin or meat mallet until chicken is 1/4-inch thickness.
- Repeat process in same bag with remaining chicken breast halves, 2 at a time.
- Place 1 chicken breast, smooth-sides down, on large cutting board.
- Spread evenly with stuffing mixture.
- Starting at narrow end, begin rolling chicken, as tightly as possible, around stuffing mixture.
- Do the same for the others.
- Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle evenly with dressing.
- Bake 40 minute
- SPRINKLE with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake additional 5 min or until chicken is cooked through(170ºF internal temp) & cheese is melted.
- Special Extra:.
- For a "South-of-the-Border" style chicken dish, simply use diced tomatoes with bell or jalapeno peppers, chopped cilantro instead of the basil and Mexican Style Shredded Cheese instead of the mozzarella cheese.