Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This started off as a Kraft recipe but I changed so many things... that it is now my recipe!! This was easy to make and delicious!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine tomatoes with their liquid, 1/4 cup of the cheese, the basil and breadcrumbs; stir just until moistened.
- Place the chicken breasts in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound chicken with rolling pin or meat mallet until chicken is 1/4-inch thick.
- Place chicken, top-sides down, on large cutting board; spread the chicken with a few tablespoons of tomato mixture. Starting at one of the narrow ends, tightly roll up chicken. Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish. Spread the remaining tomato mixture on chicken.
- Bake 40 minute Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minute or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
This is delicious! We loved this! I used thin chicken breasts so there was no need to pound the chicken. A great recipe!
Holy Bruschetta, Reds! This is amazing! Changes I made were minimum; Cut pockets in the CBs, cuz they were big ones. The basil, tomato, Mozz combo is incredibly delicious. You did it again, gal! THX Caroline
This was an easy, delicious recipe to prepare. I only used two chicken breasts, but still made the entire amount of tomato mixture. I also used a little more cheese on top. The breasts turned out tender and flavorful. This is a great worknight meal. Thanks for posting, Redsie.