I made this for my son's 9th birthday party as an appetizer for the adults. Let me say, this recipe was so good that after dinner I had to whip up another batch for guests who arrived after appetizers were served because everyone raived about them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of each slice with the olive oil.
- Place tomato slices and a sprinkling of basil and oregano on the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes, basil and oregano with the garlic powder and white pepper.
- Cover the tomato slices with slices of the mozzarella and provolone.
- Place more basil, oregano and tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
This was really simple and good. My baguette was rock hard by the time i decided to try this out, so i had to use regular bread, but the recipe still prevailed. This was good eats. Thank you.
Good. We liked it, but the tomatoes I used weren't the best, so I'll try it again with better ones.
This is lovely and so simple. I did have to make a few adjustments, but tried to stick as close to the recipe as possible. To start with I didn't have any garlic powder, so I just rubbed the bread witha clove of fresh garlic before topping it with the tomatoes. I didn't have provolone cheese or fresh oregano either, so I used cheddar cheese with the mozzarella and dried oregano instead. Thanks for sharing!