Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I could make a meal on this alone, it is *that* good! To save time you can grill the bread slices well in advance. Another way I have served this is to grill the bread slices, place the slices around the outside of a large platter and place the tomato mixture in the middle of the plate in a bowl and let your guests put there own tomato mixture on top of the bread, leave out a bowl of Parmesan cheese with a spoon to sprinkle on top of the tomatoes ;-) This is fantastic made using garden-fresh plum tomatoes!
- 6 large ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 French baguettes (sliced about 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick on diagonal)
- olive oil (as needed)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together the chopped tomatoes, garlic and olive oil until combined.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill.
- Brush olive oil over one side of the bread slices then place on the grill to toast (or under broiler).
- Place a spoonful of the prepared tomato mixture onto the toasted bread then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.