Recipe by Kathleen Nelson
Easy to make. If you're not a garlic lover reduce amount specified.
Top Review by Bergy
We enjoyed this bruchetta - I did add a smear of ancovie paste under the tomato mixture. I used frozen chopped Basil cubes and good Italian Parmesan - Lovely Sunday Appetizer thanks Kathleen for posting
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices French bread, toasted or 4 slices baguette or 4 slices Italian bread, toasted or 4 slices baguette
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 4 slices off of loaf of bread; place in 350°F oven for 2-3 minutes per side to toast.
- Place garlic, tomatoes, basil, oil and vinegar in bowl and mix thoroughly (taste at this point, more vinegar may be needed). Heat mixture in microwave for 2 minutes if cold (room temperature is fine).
- Place toast on baking sheet.
- Place mixture on toasted bread approximately 1/2 inch high covering all areas sprinkle top of tomato mixture with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 1 minute (until cheese is melted).
- Can be served on smaller pieces of a baguette for hors d'oeuvres.
- If you don't love garlic reduce garlic by half.
- To make mixture stronger, make it and place in the fridge for a few days (no more than 2).