Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great appetizer for a little larger crowd or scale it down for a little get-together. I'm waiting to try other combinations like mushrooms and maybe a red onion as well. Fresh spinach would work just as well with this recipe and a small amount of garlic could take the place of the flavor of the spray.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped plum tomato (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 French bread, loaf (long and thin)
- nonstick cooking spray (garlic flavored if you have it)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix spinach, mozzarella, and Parmesan, tomatoes, onion, and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Cut French bread into about 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet and spray both sides with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 3 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake for 3-5 additional minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture and return appetizers to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- These are better served hot.