Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this great recipe in Kraft Food & Family magazine. This recipe would be easy to half if you're cooking for 2.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato dressing (or substitute zesty Italian dressing)
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 2 large red peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, peppers and garlic; cover. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165°F), stirring occasionally and turning chicken after 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add canned tomatoes and water to skillet. Stir in rice; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl; combine cheese, chopped tomatoes and basil.
- Return chicken to skillet; sprinkle with cheese mixture; cover. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through and cheese is melted.
This was good and easy to make. I used italian dressing and I didn't use the rice as hubby is not a fan of rice. We all enjoyed this.