Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another delicious way to enjoy your chicken!! =) From: The HCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook.
- 4 ounces chicken tenderloins
- 1 piece melba toast
- 2 medium roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid, amino acids (Bragg's)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, Raw
- 3 leaves basil, fresh
- 1 pinch oregano, dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice, Bragg Liquid Amino Acids, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix Melba crumbs with dry spices.
- Coat the chicken in the Melba crumbs / herb mixture and "fry" chicken (in non-stick skillet, do not use oil -- if anything is needed, use water or a very small amount of fat-free chicken broth) until golden brown. Deglaze the pan periodically with a little broth to keep chicken from burning.
- For the bruschetta sauce: Chop tomatoes finely and put into small bowl.
- Roll basil leaves together, crush lightly, and cut horizontally to create fine slices.
- Mix ingredients together with lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Bruschetta sauce (chilled or slightly warmed) over the hot chicken.