Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
DH and I both loved this. Makes 4 servings at 5.5 WW Points each. Serve with salad or green beans for a complete meal.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Saute chicken with spices, onion and garlic until lightly browned, but not cooked through.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes and stuffing mix, until stuffing mix is moistened.
- Spread stuffing and tomato mixture over chicken and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This was great! I love the flavor. The tomatoes made the stuffing a touch too soggy for me, but it was still great. I will be making this again *UPDATE* I now drain the tomatoes for less soggy stuffing and it works great. This is also a great dish for OAMC. Have made it many times!
I thought that this was pretty tasty! The first time I made it I followed the recipe, but I used the Italian diced tomatoes per earlier reviewers suggestions. It turned out great! The second time that I made it, I mixed a 10 oz pkg of chopped broccoli in with the chicken, garlic, and onion layer (after cooking chicken, garlic, and onion) just b/c I like it when my meals have a little bit of everything in them.
I tried this recipe and the family hated it. I thought it was o.k. Too moist. It needed to be drier.