Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a total dish - Nothing's more attractive on a weeknight than an all-in-one meal!!
- 1 (540 ml) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (120 g) packagestove top stuffing mix for chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 (750 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place tomatoes in a medium bowl. Add stuffing mix and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is miostened. Set aside.
- Place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
This was a quick and delicious week night meal. The only thing I did different is make my own stuffing/dressing instead of using the package stove top stuffing. I had some bread cubes diced up in the freezer that needed to be used up so it worked out perfect. I sprinkled a little bit extra cheese on top of the dressing and it was good to go! Thanks for posting this recipe Chef mariajane.
I made this dish tonight... the family loved it. I didn't get to try it yet, but it sounds like adding even more stewed tomatoes, and really letting the breadcrumbs soak for a while would help. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!!!
This was great! Quick and easy, but very tasty. There was a lot of liquid at the bottom of the pan, which I didn't care for so much. I can't have bruschetta without balsamic, so I sprinkled balsamic onto the chicken before baking. I served it with steamed broccoli and it was a huge hit!