Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I received a booklet from Kraft Foods today which is called "food & family" and this is one of the recipes in it that I am posting here to try at a later date.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) packagestove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup kraft 2% mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened.
- Layer chicken, basil, cheese and stuffing in 13 x 9-inch or a 3 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy now or cover and refrigerate. To reheat, microwave each serving on high 2 to 3 minutes.
I too have the same Kraft recipe. It is a very good, easy bake. I used basil, oregano and garlic tomatoes. I had no basil leaves, so I just sprinkled dried basil lightly over the chicken. It is one tasty dish!
loved this... all adults loved so rating it a 5... may not be a kids favorite but oh well. thanks!
I also got this out of "Food & Family." I used tomatoes with basalmic vinegar, olive oil and garlic already in it. I also used HomeMade Gourmet Garlic-Basil Seasoning instead of just plain basil and left out the minced garlic. I was conservative with it this time in case it was too garlicky, but think I will add more of that next time. I baked it in a 3-qt round casserole but will not do that again; it took FOREVER to get done. Next time I will make it in a 13 x 9 shallow dish for quicker cooking. I also put some foil on top to keep it from drying out. Very good, quick, easy and I will probably make this again.