Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Kraftfoods website...
Make and share this Bruschetta Chicken Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) packagestove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sizes pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water, and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.
- Place chicken in 13x9 inch baking dishl sprinkle with basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I thought this was okay, but seemed too dry to me. Not sure how to fix that. The taste is good, but needs to be more moist to suit my tastes.
This a great low-fat, fast and easy recipe. My family eats it two or three times a month. I love that you don't have to brown the chicken before hand. I tend to add extra spices to the chicken, oregeno, garlic powder, red pepper flakes. I will also toss the chicken in some extra virgin olive oil, 1-2 tsp, if I'm not worried about the extra fat. This works really well with leftover, already cooked rotisserie chicken from the deli or turkey after the holidays.