Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from the fall edition of Kraft What's Cooking.
- 1 (19 ounce) canaylmer accents Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (120 g) package chicken stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes with liquid in medium bowl.
- Add garlic and stuffing mix; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken in a 13x9 inch baking dish; sprinkle with basil and cheese.
- Top with stuffing mixture.
- Bake 30 min or until chicken is cooked through.
Made this for dinner tonight and, like you, found it in the Kraft Mag. I've been meaning to make it for months and I'm glad I did. It was pretty easy, plus I made it a few hours in advance and just put it in the oven and dinner is served!! Thanks for posting.
Like you, I made this when it was in the Kraft food magazine. It was quick, easy and pretty tasty too. I was looking for the recipe to have tonight. I am so glad that you thought to post it!! Thanks so much, I will add to my cookbook so I won't have to search again.
This recipe is easy to make and the ingredients are usually on hand. I add some olive oil and season the chicken before adding it in to give it more flavor.