Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this recipe, but it looks delicious and I cant wait to try it. I found it on the tasteofhome.com website.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in eggs; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until top is browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the chicken. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
This was great for a change of pace for chicken. It wasn't hard to make and tasted fresh. Thanks for posting. Reviewed for Spring PAC 2010.
We loved this! I had to leave the topping off for the picky eaters here but that's OK. I followed the instructions as written and it came out perfect! Thanks so much for posting!!