Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
At Olive Garden we are passionate about Italian cooking. We are pleased to share with you a collection of our Featured Recipes over the years that you can prepare at home—and share with your friends and family. You can find this link: http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/recipe_display.asp?id=22
Top Review by Barenakedchef
Yum! I made these for our tailgating party last night. They were so beautiful! They stayed yummy for the few hours they sat out, too, so that was a plus. Thanks for sharing, Wendy!
- 0.5 (15 ounce) canwhite cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 loaf Italian bread
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 small plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX drained beans, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar and sour cream in blender or food processor until smooth. Add olive oil slowly with blender or processor on. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate approximately one hour.
- DRIZZLE both sides of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Grill bread on both sides.
- RUB grilled bread with cut half of garlic to infuse with garlic flavor.
- PLACE bowl of chilled cannellini mixture in center of large platter. Stagger grilled bread slices around bowl. Garnish with tomatoes and parsley.