Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This burger is very TASTY. If you love bruschetta and pesto...you will enjoy these! I now crave them regularly. The bruschetta that is used for making this is my creation and it is Red Carpet Bruschetta. Hope you enjoy as much as I do!!! Cheers!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 teaspoons montreal steak spice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 6 kaiser rolls or 6 focaccia bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- mozzarella cheese
- 6 -12 tablespoons tomato bruschetta topping (I use Red Carpet Bruschetta)
- Combine ground beef,steak spice( I use Montreal steak spice), egg and oatmeal. Form into patties. Barbeque patties over medium heat on barbeque turning frequently for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- In the mean time prepare Red carpet brushetta using recipe #222776. This is a key ingredient for the recipe!
- Prepare buns or foccacia (foccacia is the most tasty for these burgers).
- On one half of the bun spread the mayonnaise and top with mozzarella cheese. Heat bun until cheese is melted. Place the cooked burger patty atop the side of the bun with the mozzarella cheese on it. Top the burger patty with basil pesto followed by Red carpet Bruschetta #222776 approximately 1-2 tbsp to taste.
- Now you are ready to enjoy!
Wow!!! This burger was absolutely amazing. I made exactly as is and everything was perfect especially the bruschetta. Btw I used fresh mozzarella just because I had it, and it melted to be so gooey and yummy! Thanks for sharing.. My hubby and I thank you for a new way to eat burgers!
We have both die hard carnivores and vegetarians in our house. Followed the directions to a "T" for the meat eaters. For the vegetarians we used Boca Bruschetta Veggie burger patties in place of the hamburgers but dressed them the same way. Served them on toasted healthy life hamburger rolls because that is what we had on hand. Yummy!
Reminds me of the Bruschetta Burgers at Applebees! Yum! Next time I will make my burgers as I usually do and just add all of the toppings. I made them as the recipe suggested, but they just seemed a little bit dry. Everything else was great! I just used prepared pesto and bruschetta and put it all on a foccacia roll. So yummy!